Quotebook 2.0 API and URL Scheme
You may already know that in Quotebook 2.0, we added the ability to launch Quotebook from apps like Instapaper, Drafts, and Launch Center Pro. The way that works is through a “custom URL scheme” which just means that we register to handle any links that start with quotebook://.
Here’s the kinds of links we handle and how they work. We’d love it if you added “Add to Quotebook” support in your app, and we’d love to help make that easier. Email us at [email protected] if you have any questions, comments, or complaints.
- quotebook:// — Opens the app
- quotebook://quotes — Goes to the Quotes Tab
- quotebook://authors — Goes to the Authors Tab
- quotebook://sources — Goes to the Sources Tab
- quotebook://tags — Goes to the Tags tab
- Adds a quote “Stay Hungry. Stay foolish.” to the user’s Quotebook with the author Steve Jobs, the source Whole Earth Catalog with a rating of 5 stars.
- All of these parameters are optional except for quote which is required. Any unused or blank parameter need not be included.
- The rating must be between 0 and 5.
- The author and source may be names, twitter usernames prefixed by an @, or URLs.